The resources contained on this page are informative and useful links, videos and games related to the administration of Land Development.
Fast Facts about Monroe County, Indiana
2015 population: 144,705
- Monroe County was formed in 1818 and was named for James Monroe, the fifth President of the United States.
- The total land area of Monroe County is approximately 411.3 square miles.
- Planning and Development in unincorporated areas are governed by Title 8 of the Monroe County Code.
- Unincorporated areas in Monroe County total 383.1 square miles.
- The Monroe County Urbanizing Area around the City of Bloomington makes up 40.4 square miles of the unincorporated areas.
You can compare Monroe County to any county in the United States on the National Association of Counties – NACo County Explorer!
Land Development Patterns
What is a Setback Standard?
Installing a Sign in Monroe County
What is Architecture?
Note: These videos are posted solely for educational purposes. Some of these videos may contain advertisements. The publishing of these links in no way implies any endorsement by Monroe County.